[Web4lib] web hosting service/separate domain name

Erin Kinney EKINNE at state.wy.us
Thu Oct 18 11:43:52 EDT 2007

Yvonne,

I use (both personally and at work) GoDaddy for domain registration and ASmallOrange for hosting.  Both are great and affordable, and ASO's tech support is wonderful and responsive.  I had no problems with GoDaddy when we switched from another off site host to ASO.  I did, however, have problems canceling our account with the other web host.  At work we still have a few domains registered through Network Solutions (and hosted with ASO) but NetSol is more expensive than GoDaddy and their interface is harder to use.

Erin

______________________________
Erin Kinney, Digital Initiatives Librarian
Wyoming State Library
516 S. Greeley Hwy.
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Email: ekinne at state.wy.us
Phone: (307) 777-6332
http://will.state.wy.us/
http://gowyld.net/
http://wyonewspapers.org/
http://wyominglibraries.org/
E-mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties.

>>> "Yvonne M Mulhern" <miss.cybrarian at gmail.com> 10/18/2007 8:03 AM >>>
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent web hosting service that does not require
concurrent domain name registration? I'd like to be able to transfer the
domain name to another host if it becomes necessary.

Thanks,

Yvonne