[Web4lib] css troubles

Marcin Malinowski malin at malin.net.pl
Wed Oct 17 13:35:26 EDT 2007

Hello,

Sandra Cahillane wrote:

> Hello web4lib friends,
[...]
> The page looks almost correct in firefox-a little
> alignment/margin/border tweaks to make but looks absolutely
> horrendous in IE (which I hate but which is our campus-recommended
> browser).

Your  css  works  perfectly,  at least according to W3C CSS Validator.
Internet  Explorer  is  the  problem, not your css file. But there's a
simple solution to your problem.

Remove  the  xml prologue from your html document (first line) and try
again.  It  should  be  a lot easier to do some hacks to make the site
look good in IE.

If you want to know a bit more about the quirks mode, i recommend this
artitcle: http://www.quirksmode.org/css/quirksmode.html.

--
Best regards,
Marcin Malinowski