[Web4lib] SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC - HOW TO CONNECT AN OLD PC TOOURINTERNET CONNECTION? -thanks and clarification

Frances, Melodie mfrances at gtu.edu
Mon Oct 8 15:16:44 EDT 2007

Thanks very much for all the suggestions - I knew this would be the list
to post to ;)

I should clarify a little more.

The machine does have a usb port - and yes I would potentially have the
same problem with the usb/Ethernet adaptor except that the reason the
flash drive didn't work was because the old machine didn't have the
flash drive driver and I was not successful finding one on the product's
web site. At 15 bucks for the adaptor though it still might be worth a
try.

My newer laptop is an institutional one so I don't want to do too much
there - however, I do have another older pc that does have an Ethernet
connection so perhaps before I get rid of it I should do the transfer
that way. Physically this is a pain - with limited office space and big
old monitors and cpus - which is why I was hoping for a nice small
adaptor solution - also, I will probably want to use the old old pc
again in the future so I wanted an easy SMALL permanent solution.

As a last resort I could reinstate that old AOL dial up account LOL!!!
(might even be the best solution of all!!!)

Thanks again for all the suggestions - all this work so that I can
transfer an image of my cats doing yoga!!!!!

Melodie Morgan Frances
Head of Cataloging
Graduate Theological Union
mfrances at gtu.edu