[Web4lib] XML Editor recommendations?

Gilman, Mark mark.gilman at dallaslibrary.org
Fri Oct 5 16:31:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm getting increasingly interested in Keyhole Markup Language (KML),
the XML doctype used by Google Maps and Google Earth and other
applications as well.
While Google Earth is a pretty good visual editor, I see the necessity
of directly hacking the code.  Opening a KML file in a text editor like
Notepad++ is not very useful,
because text editors tend not to be XML-aware so there's no syntax
highlighting, validation of well-formedness, etc.

Can anyone recommend a good, open-source XML editor? This is my first
real encounter with XML, so I've not much basis upon which to make an
informed choice.

Regards,
Mark