[Web4lib] mic recommendations

Chris Barr christopher.barr at villanova.edu
Fri Nov 30 14:06:23 EST 2007

One thing to remember is that Apple long ago got rid of a microphone
input on their machines. Therefore you would have to get an adapter
(usually $40+) for a normal mic.

For a simple plug and play solution for a single narrator, my suggestion
would be to try out a USB headset like those made Plantronics or
Logitech. Depending on the microphone quality in the headset, USB should
potentially provide better digital audio than the tiny mic jack and
allow you to plug just one cord into a machine for headphones and a mic.
And it'll save you from shelling out extra dough for an adapter on the
Mac. It won't be radio station fidelity, but a good way to start for cheap.

Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Headset-Multi-Media-Line/dp/B000F0010E/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1196448768&sr=1-44

Best,
Chris Barr