[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Tue Nov 27 14:15:40 EST 2007

Hello NORMA,

> This is a little off topic, but I have about 25 audio books on my
> ipod. Since it's a Nano with several gigs of storage, I could easily
> have 100. I rarely listen to any of them, but it's nice to have them
> in my purse if I get stuck in a waiting room. Much easier than
> carrying even one book around in paper.

Understand that, but it isn't reading.  Personally, I'm not a fan of
audio books, but that may be because of my life pattern.  My commute
is ten minutes, not enough to keep going on a book.  Long trips would
theoretically be ideal, but the narration puts me to sleep, unlike the
music on the ipod.  I've have listened to an audio book or two on my
Shuffle while running or walking. But the 80gb ipod stays in the car,
whichever one I'm driving that day.

Oh, yes, each car also always has a couple of "recreational reading"
magazines in it too.

> One of my acquaintances has an ipod that he uses to hold his family
> photos and videos. He carries it everywhere and has been known to whip
> it out and show total strangers the video of his daughter's birthday
> party or photos from his son's school play.

Good grief.  I have pix on my laptop, which is always with me (home,
work, traveling) but don't do that...which reminds me too much of "the
olden days" when neighbors and friends would drag out the slide
projector and give you hours of stuff.

Yes, we may be getting too far off topic, so I'll quit before the pain
on my hands starts from the slapping.

But of course this is library materials and the web that this all
relates to....

--
Best regards,
 Dan                            mailto:dan at riverofdata.com