[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Nov 26 16:02:14 EST 2007

Hello Brian,

> I wonder what problems people will experience on flights if flight
> staff are not familiar with the technology, especially since it works
> like a cellular for transmission.

This is like the "camera phone" problem.  There are a number of
courthouses and other facilities that have a NO CAMERAS policy. That
includes cell phone cameras.  Many lawyers are not happy that they
can't have their cell with them, since it has a camera in it. And it
isn't easy to find a camera-free phone these days as far as I know.

And I've experienced the same in the gym, where people have complained
about camera phones.  Anyone who wants a picture of me in the gym has
a bigger problem than needing a workout, but that's a different story.

--
Best regards,
 Dan                            mailto:dan at riverofdata.com