[Web4lib] Library Website Development

Turner,Kathleen kt32 at drexel.edu
Thu Nov 22 06:44:42 EST 2007

Yitzchak,

The books already recommended are great suggestions, but also check out John Kupersmith's web site "Library Terms that Users Understand", http://www.jkup.net/terms.html.  Visual design is one thing, but choosing the best terminology to label the links for your services and resources is another.  This won't necessarily give you the answers, but will give you a lot of ammunition for the inevitable debates about "what to call those things we used to call indexes that you use to find journal articles".

Kathleen

Kathleen Turner
Hagerty Library
Drexel University