[Web4lib] Q: Where do you find server settings in unix sendmail?

Francis Kayiwa kayiwa at uic.edu
Wed Nov 7 21:50:56 EST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 6:31 PM, Cornwall, Daniel D (EED) wrote:

> I have a linux-based web alerting program that sends me a monthly e-
> mail. When our institution switched from a smtp to an MS Exchange
> environment, my program (no surprise) stopped e-mailing. My linux
> box uses sendmail and I think it should be a simple matter of
> changing the mail server settings. But I can't find them. I've
> looked in /etc/mail and /etc/postix. I've looked through the Red Hat
> knowledge base and searched my favorite search engine. Nothing I can
> use turned up. Any ideas?

I'm thinking smarthost?

Make your Linux-based prgram use your newly installed MS Exchange
server to relay all your messages. I cannot recall if Red Hat (too
lazy to google it :-)) uses the File Hierarchy Standard, but given
the /etc/mail above I am wondering if you want to look at /etc/mail/
sendmail.mc

...Google time lapse...

There's redhat's KB on smarthosts.

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_81_2557.shtm