[Web4lib] problems with display in Safari

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:29:29 EST 2007

Hi Rachel,

For one of your problems, your nested table with your site body ("Did
you know your books... etc..) have a margin of 20px, defined in your
header1 class.  Firefox, et al. is ignoring this outside of the table,
whereas Safari is interpreting it as margin width from within the
cell.  I don't know which one's right here, but changing that should
clear the margin problems in Safari.  I think your problem is that you
have 'header1' defined as the class for both the table cell AND the
paragraph that's the header.   You might also consider changing that,
and marking up the headers as <h3>'s.

You should definitely check out Firebug (a Firefox extension) that
allows you to inspect these types of things in your webpage.  It's a
godsend.

I also agree with Lisa.  If it isn't too much of a pain, consider
using divs+css instead of tables for layout.

Cheers,
Andrew