[Web4lib] problems with display in Safari

Pons, Lisa (ponslm) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Tue Nov 6 14:03:10 EST 2007

A couple quick things:

1. I would say your using tables, plus some CSS for your layout. Tables are definitely defining your layout.You're also using nested tables, which could be a problem.

2. Validate and fix the html errors on your page. Your CSS does validate, so that's good!

3. You could/should take some of the inline css and other style definitions and put these in a  style sheet.

 For example:  <tr bgcolor="#7995AB">  could have a class assigned rather than a specific color.

Then, see how safari does with this.

-----Original Message-----
From: web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org on behalf of Rachel Davis
Sent: Tue 11/6/2007 1:35 PM
To: Web4lib at webjunction.org
Subject: [Web4lib] problems with display in Safari

I am redesigning our library's website, and not at all an expert.  I have
been working in Dreamweaver, and using CSS plus tables for layout.  My CSS
style definitions show up just fine in Explorer and Firefox, but my line
breaks and margins appear messed up in Safari, as do my some of my fixed
table widths.

Here's the link to my working draft: [
http://www.cape.k12.me.us/tml/index.html
]http://www.cape.k12.me.us/tml/index.html

 Like I said, I'm not at all an expert.  Any insight you can offer would
be much appreciated!

Rachel

Rachel Q. Davis
Children's Librarian