[Web4lib] Creating Library Toolbars

Leslie Johnston johnston at virginia.edu
Wed May 23 11:07:18 EDT 2007

If you're interested in a toolbar to search your catalog, I strongly
suggest LibX.  LibX was developed at Virginia Tech as a Firefox
extension <http://www.libx.org/> -- a toolbar that Firefox users can
install that searches a library opac.

We were able to get up and going with a test in practically no time,
once we compiled the required data for configuration.

I've heard through the grapevine that there are plans for an IE
toolbar, but I don't have any confirmation or details.

Leslie