[Web4lib] IE7 address bar

Elena OMalley Elena_OMalley at emerson.edu
Wed May 23 09:51:42 EDT 2007

I'm not sure about IE7 - there were reghacks in 6 and below.
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#noaddressband
There's kiosk mode in IE7, although I think users might be able to get
around it http://samanathon.com/internet-explorer-7s-kiosk-mode/
Public Web Browser has been well reviewed and recommended in the past,
and the website says they support IE7:
http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/

Elena O'Malley
__
Assistant Director for Technology and Access Services
Emerson College Library, Boston, MA 02116

From: "Junior Tidal" <JTidal at CityTech.Cuny.Edu>
Subject: [Web4lib] IE7 address bar

Hello there,

Does anyone know how to remove the address bar from IE7? We have some
computer stations that we'd like to disallow patrons from inputing web
address.

Much thanks,

Junior Tidal
Web Services and Multimedia Librarian
CUNY New York City College of Technology 300 Jay Street Brooklyn, NY
11210
718.260.5481