[Web4lib] Photo sharing sites: need recommendation

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Tue May 22 21:39:24 EDT 2007

This is not strictly work-related, but I'm hoping to query the Web4Lib
collective brain on a decision:  I'm trying to set up a photo sharing
site for my upcoming (like in a week!) college reunion.

I want it password-protected, so only classmates could see the photos
(I'd send them the login), I want them to be able to make prints cheaply
if they want to.  I also want them to be able to caption them (noting
who put it up, who's in the photo, etc.).  Previous years have used
Snapfish, but I wondered if there was another site that would be more
user-friendly.  I got some recommendations off the Web, but wanted to
ask if you had any work experience.

This may become work-related, as our Teen Advisory Board wants to set up
something similar, and this college reunion thing is sort of a trial
run.

Suggestions?  Many thanks in advance.

-Louise

Louise E. Alcorn