[Web4lib] Web-ready Thermometer? (Yes, library related)

Jennifer Heise jenne.heise at gmail.com
Mon May 14 11:42:11 EDT 2007

I'm not sure if this is as common a problem as I've grown to think it is,
but our HVAC situation at the libraries where I work tends to fluctuate to a
certain degree (if you've ever called the circulation department for an
early-morning indoor weather report before getting dressed for work, you
know what I mean).  Something my boss just said suggested that perhaps we
should pursue the thermometer equivalent of a webcam. Is there a cheap
version of such a thing available pre-set-up, or do you have to do a lot of
setup and server adjustment to get the reading of a simple room thermometer
to be available as a web service?
Thanks!
-- Jenne Heise