[Web4lib] Skills for Library 2.0 Leaders

David Kemper siansleep at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:56:52 EDT 2007

Good point, Piero. While I haven't dabbled with AJAX, I know that it
can certainly enhance web usability. For example, Gmail uses AJAX,
making web page refreshes faster, with no need for the browser itself
to refresh. Help info, drop-down menus, could appear on screen without
the need to have pop-ups. Just one click, and the information appears.
Another click, the information fades away. I can see the
possibilities--don't know the coding, sadly--but I can some of the
potential. Does anyone know of a quick and dirty AJAX tutorial or
tool? (I would suspect Adobe or Microsoft would be working on
something like this...)

David

Archivist, Web Services
IMF Archives