[Web4lib] Resources? -- Web Standards and Semantic Markup

Stephen Meyer smeyer at library.wisc.edu
Wed May 2 09:29:32 EDT 2007

Given your link to A List Apart, you likely know about this. However,
the alphabet article is a but cutesy and these two primers are much more
substantive:

http://alistapart.com/articles/ALAprimer
http://alistapart.com/articles/alaprimer2

Given your original request (8-12 hours worth of reading, a long term
reference guide) I would start with these pages. They are essentially
what we used to call a 'pathfinder' in library school (do we still call
these type of things pathfinders????).

-Steve

Stephen Meyer
Library Application Developer
UW-Madison Libraries
312F Memorial Library
728 State St.
Madison, WI 53706

smeyer at library.wisc.edu
608-265-2844 (ph)

"Just don't let the human factor fail to be a factor at all."
- Andrew Bird, "Tables and Chairs"