[Web4lib] IM Security

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Tue Mar 6 22:36:17 EST 2007

Micah Stevens wrote:

> On 03/06/2007 11:35 AM, Leo Robert Klein wrote:
>>
>> Can the people with AOL, Yahoo, MSN, Google, etc. communicate with
>> Jabber?  That for me would be the bottom line.
>>

> Depends on the client software. Google can by default because they use
> the same protocol as Jabber. Trillian supports many protocols including
> Jabber. There are others like this. The basic AOL, MSN, and Yahoo
> clients do not support this functionality though as far as I know.

Okay, last question: if we go with Meebo, that's completely web-based,
right?  Would there be any other protocols involved other than HTTP?

Wouldn't this be a secure solution which would still allow you to hook
up with people using AOL, Yahoo, MSN, Google, etc?

LEO

www.leoklein.com (site)
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com (blog)

aim/msn/yhoo/goog: 'leorobertklein'