[Web4lib] IM Security

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 5 17:48:30 EST 2007

Honestly, this sounds like stonewalling.  These IT people must have
somebody they report to, take your business case to that person and
make these IT folks explain to /that/ person why they won't allow IM.

It might be helpful to list other organizations that allow chat for
this for this purpose.  I'm not sure where you can find such a list,
but I'll throw my hat in the ring and say that Georgia Tech is one of
them.

-Ross.