[Web4lib] An Archive.org question

Tanya Rabourn tanya at pixelcharmer.com
Fri Jun 8 11:42:50 EDT 2007

> Does anyone have any tips on a good, relatively inexpensive program to
> split up the longer ones or edit some clips for classroom use ?  It'd
> also be nice if it had some conversion capacity between various formats.

Quicktime allows you to select what you want of a .mov and copy it to
a new movie or "crop" it. You need the full version of Quicktime
though, not the free version. It's only around $30 I believe. I've
only tried it on a mac, but it was pretty easy.
http://web.uvic.ca/akeller/pw408/ht_qtpro_basic_editing.html

Exports to various formats as well.

Mac
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/pro/mac.html