[Web4lib] File naming and metadata standards for images

rpostrel at nedcc.org rpostrel at nedcc.org
Mon Jun 4 09:39:02 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,
Please excuse cross-posting.

I am looking for examples of file naming standards that are used for images. We are a non-profit organization in the preservation and education field looking for best practices in naming images.I have some information from AIC (American Institute for Conservation of Historic Works)but am looking for other recommendations of standards that work in small to medium organizations.

In addition to developing consistent file naming conventions, we will be looking at metadata schemes to create access to administrative, descriptive and structural data. I'm interested in learning what metadata schemas for image capture are successfully being implemented.

Thank you in advance. If you would like to contact me directly I can summarize and post to the list.

Rhonda Postrel

Rhonda Postrel, MSLIS
Consultant
NEDCC