[Web4lib] internal vs external Web statistics

Jonathan Bloy JBloy at edgewood.edu
Thu Jul 26 17:23:05 EDT 2007

Reynolds, Erica wrote:
> We have had difficulty finding a statistical package that can track
> internal vs external/remote Web statistics.
>
> If you are currently tracking internal use (staff and public pcs) vs
> remote access to your site, could you let me know what statistical
> package you are using and if you had to customize it?

Google Analytics provides you with network location data.  For example,
for our site it tells us if the user was from our college's network, an
ISP's network, a business' network, etc.  I usually take the total
visits, and subtract those that came from our college, to get a figure
for off-campus visits.

https://www.google.com/analytics/home/

--
Jonathan Bloy