[Web4lib] RE: [Dewey-lessArizonapubliclibrary

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Mon Jul 16 14:45:27 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org
[mailto:web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org] On Behalf Of Hester, Mary

>3. Wonder why this has been such a hot-topic for librarian discussion
groups?

After reading one response today, I began to think about how other
professions would react to something similar.  Hospital administrators
responding to an innovative (?) new way to speed people through the ER,
or lawyers responding to a proposal for doing away with, what?,
pre-trial hearings or something.  I imagine every profession has its hot
button topics.  A system of classification we've used for a century is
bound to be a hot topic (even if we all agree it's got its flaws).

My 2 cents.  And I'd still rather hear from you folks than a bunch of
lawyers.  :)

Louise E. Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian
West Des Moines Public Library