[Web4lib] Google docs

Robin Hastings robin.hastings at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 16:17:21 EDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Tracey.Reed at myclearwater.com <Tracey.Reed at myclearwater.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thinking off the cuff and wondering what other's experiences are.
>
> I've noticed just by walking around our public computers, that a number of users are taking advantage of the Google docs services and was wondering if this was just here, or others were noticing it too.  If use is actually going up, are any of you considering not purchasing MS Office (or equivalent) for your patron computers?  Or, (gasp!) training patrons on it instead of Word or Excel?

I'm using Google Docs a lot these days too. We aren't training patrons
on it yet, but it is part of our Library Learning 2.1 rollout, sort
of. I'm doing a session on Word Processing and using Word, Open Office
and Google Docs as the 3 example applications to teach the general
Word Processing skills - as opposed to specific application skills.

--
Robin Hastings
robin.hastings at gmail.com
http://www.rhastings.net