[Web4lib] Successful book discussion blogs, anyone?

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Thu Jul 12 16:05:14 EDT 2007

Casey Bisson wrote:

> Also worth noting is Beyond Brown Paper, an online photo archive from a
> mill town in northern New Hampshire.
>
> http://beyondbrownpaper.plymouth.edu/browse/
>
> The site boasts a few hundred comments on the collection of more than
> 6000 online photos (scanning is ongoing). My favorite batch of comments
> appears on this photo:
>
> http://beyondbrownpaper.plymouth.edu/item/673

Excellent example of what you can do with an image database these days!
  I especially like the 'embed' tags that people can copy out and put on
their own sites.

This is a great example of where librarians weren't necessarily in the
forefront -- cough Flickr, YouTube, cough -- but where they were
nonetheless able to grab the ideas and put them to library use.

Talk about innovation...

LEO

www.leoklein.com (site)
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com (blog)