[Web4lib] "They*re Everywhere You Go*: Hip and Cool Librarians

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Mon Jul 9 17:50:57 EDT 2007

> stories where the discovery that librarians aren't Gorgons

So why do I have all these snakes in my hair?

The hip and the un-hip (if such designations can be defined) are
battling it out on my statewide listserv at the moment.  I straddle the
line and am simply watching with amused benevolence and a bit of a yawn.

More on-topic (?), I don't think the article hurts our profession any,
esp. when it comes to recruitment.  If we can attract creative minds
from other professional tracks, all to the better for us.  Hey, who
knows, it might even get me a date who isn't insane.

Though to prove I'm not nearly hip -enough-, I keep obsessing about the
typos I found in the article, which makes me crazy, esp. when it's the
NYT.

~louise.  Hip(ish).

Louise E. Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian