[Web4lib] preview cell phone view

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Thu Jul 5 15:19:10 EDT 2007

Nancy E. Sosna Bohm wrote:
> Is there anything free on the web for previewing web pages as they would
> look on a cell phone without having to own a cell phone with web
> capabilities?

Darn!  You can't "expense" it out?  In any case, "on a cell phone" can
mean several things these days -- due to the fact that there are several
  different mobile browsers.

You've got IE with Windows Mobile or OperaMini.  Also, the iPhone which
uses a version of Safari is moving on up.

They actually have "simulators" which you can either download to your
computer or use online. 'iPhoney' (mac only) is an example of the former
while the 'Operamini Simulator' is an example of the latter:

iPhoney
http://www.marketcircle.com/iphoney/

Operamini's Online Simulator
http://www.operamini.com/demo/

I haven't come across a similar app for IE/Mobile though you'd think
there'd be one.

LEO

www.leoklein.com (site)
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com (blog)