[Web4lib] Re: Web4lib Digest, Vol 22, Issue 26

Gbola Olasina gbolasina at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 09:06:39 EST 2007

Hello:

My library is embarking on automation and we are
looking at Greenstone Digital Library Software but I
recently came across some literature on the
unsuitability of GDLS for catalogued books on MARC
records platform. Meanwhile, the vision in my home
country is to have a national university wide network
running on MARC format. Then, I am doubtful about
GDLS. At the moment, my home library is just starting
out with a library wide nework LAN. Where do we go
from here?

Gbola Olasina
Systems Librarian
University Library
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
P. M. B.4000, Ogbomoso
Oyo State, Nigeria
Tel: +234 8033292529, +234 8024158464
www.gbolahan.8m.net