[Web4lib] RE: [LITA-L:828] Re: central search listserv-update

Pons, Lisa (ponslm) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu Jan 25 13:00:43 EST 2007

Yes, I tend to agree- no problem at all though_ at least I found a list!

Also, some of the SS products will overlap, and many of us have more than one product anyway...

Just my opinion though!

________________________________

From: owner-lita-l at ala.org on behalf of Christina Salazar
Sent: Thu 1/25/2007 12:50 PM
To: Library and Information Technology Association List
Cc: web4lib at webjunction.org
Subject: [LITA-L:828] Re: central search listserv-update

Hi,

I'd just like to interject my opinion, though many people will not recognize who I am (in the words of another list member "longtime lurker, first time poster"). I feel rather strongly about this though:

Unless there's a ton of traffic on either one of these "channels", I think it's better to just stick with one list. I think it will simplify communication and allow some crossover pollination between the two (or more) "channels". Sorry, as I know Lisa's done some work on setting up the Central Search list.

Less is more, I say.

Thanks for asking!
Christina Salazar
Systems Librarian
Getty Research Institute

(p.s. The opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer, nor anyone else actually or vaguely affiliated with me.)

>>> On 01/25/2007 at 9:35 AM, <PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU> wrote:
> Hi all-
> I received many enthusiastic replies to the idea of a listserv for central
> search. However, a couple people have pointed out that there is already a
> serials solutions listserv (which I did  not know- so thank you), and have
> suggested we do that instead.
>
> http://listserv.tamu.edu/archives/serialssolutionsusers.html
>
> Not sure then how to proceed- what would the group prefer?  I can host the
> list, in fact, it is already created, and can work on it tomorrow, or we can
> simply use the list above. However, as one person suggested, it would just be
> joining another list. So, either way is fine with me!
>
> Note: as some asked, this list is (currently) not endorsed or supported by
> Serials Solutions. My library has the e-journal product, article finder and is
> getting ready to launch central search, and I simply wanted to share tips,
> etc...
>
> Let me know!
>
> Lisa
> University Libraries