[Web4lib] Webcast-in-a-box solutions?

Michael McCulley drweb at san.rr.com
Tue Jan 23 21:27:23 EST 2007

Not sure if this new service via WebJunction would work for your needs,
Karen.. it's more conferencing, but it might work..
Worth a look.. quite robust it appears.. there's a limited rollout/start-up;
see the copied notes from the site..

http://www.webjunction.org/do/Navigation?category=14519

WebJunction's Live Space
Web conferencing service for libraries

Live Space is WebJunction's web conferencing service for libraries. The
service combines an easy to use yet robust technology with the training and
support that will allow you to use it successfully. Through the power of
collective purchasing, we are able to offer this service at a price that
libraries can afford.

Live Space Offers Unique Services

    * Unlimited seats for every organization
    * A clean, easy-to-use interface
    * Expert training in system administration and online facilitation
    * Comprehensive, 24/7 technical support
    *  A starter package containing user guides, two headsets with
microphones, and The Synchronous Trainer's Survival Guide.

The Live Space System
Live Space uses Horizon Wimba's Live Classroom - an accessible,
cross-platform, virtual classroom and meeting space featuring:
Horizon Wimba Live Classroom

    * Voice over IP with an integrated telephone bridge option
    * A clean, easy-to-use interface
    * Small or no download (requires users to have Java)
    * Public and private text chat
    * Polling and Quizzing
    * Desktop sharing that includes remote control capability
    * eBoard sharing with full annotation tools
    * Breakout rooms
    * Session recording that captures all activity, including public chat
    * Section 508 compliant with closed captioning and screen reader
accessibility

What it Costs
For the first year, we will only be able to accept a limited number of Live
Space Partners, on a first come/first served basis. In the future we hope to
be able to accommodate all who are interested in the service. Through the
combination of collective purchasing and WebJunction subsidizing technology
costs, we are able to offer one year of unlimited access for $2,000 per
organization.

Best,
Michael

--