[Web4lib] Critiques of Library 2.0?

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 11:57:10 EST 2007

  Just wondering if anyone has done any critical reviews of Library 2.0?

  I'm looking for even-handed accounts of the pros and cons of implementing the various Library 2.0 applications. Like many new technologies it seems there's a certain amount of hype accompanying Library 2.0, and I am interested in hearing from folks who have taken a critical look at it minus the hype.

  And, no, I'm not anti-Library 2.0. I took the same approach with virtual reference when it first started up, and I was a virtual reference supporter.

  Thanks!

  Bernie Sloan