[Web4lib] WANTED: TWO LIBRARIANS COMMITTED TO THE USER-FOCUSED LIBRARY EXPERIENCE

Jason Griffey Jason-Griffey at utc.edu
Wed Feb 28 11:05:56 EST 2007

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is, if I may be a little
biased, an up and coming academic library with an amazing faculty. We
are attempting to fill two librarian positions with exciting,
innovative, and interesting people to help fill out our great current
faculty. The formal job descriptions follow:

********

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's Lupton Library invites
applications from energetic, collaborative and forward-thinking
professionals to fill two tenure-track vacancies on our team.

Reference and Instruction Librarian
The Reference and Instruction Department is seeking a creative and
student-centered librarian to join an engaged and progressive 7-person
team with a strong customer service focus. The position reports to the
Head of Reference and Instruction Services.  The position's
responsibilities will include: regular reference desk shifts, user
instruction both in the classroom and one-on-one settings, active
participation in the development of teaching materials and research
guides, creation and maintenance of website content, subject-specific
collection development responsibilities, and participation in faculty
liaison and outreach activities.

Web Technologies Librarian
The Information Technology Department is seeking an innovative and
web-savvy librarian to join its growing technology services team.  The
position reports to the Head of Library Information Technology.  The
position's responsibilities will include exploring, testing, and
implementing new and existing web based services in the Lupton Library
such as: a new dynamic PHP/MySQL based library web site, blogs, wikis,
hacking the library OPAC to better serve our patrons, web-based media
for podcasting/vodcasting, developing digital repositories, and using
browser based technologies to improve our patron experience and push
Lupton Library to be a leader in library technology.

To view the complete position descriptions go to:
<http://www.lib.utc.edu/jobs> A review of applications will begin March
15, 2007 and will continue until the positions are filled. Interested
applicants should submit a letter of application including the position
of interest, vita, and the contact information for three references
including the professional relationship of applicant to reference.  Send
materials to:  Anna Lane, Lupton Library, University of Tennessee at
Chattanooga, 615 McCallie Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37403; fax materials to
423-425-4775 attention Anna Lane; or email to anna-lane at utc.edu.

Thanks for any interest!

Jason Griffey
Assistant Professor
Head of Library Information Technology
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN  37403
jason-griffey at utc.edu :: (423) 425-5449

This correspondence should be considered a public record and subject to
public inspection pursuant to the Tennessee Public Records Act