[Web4lib] Moodle and libraries

J.P.Knight J.P.Knight at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Feb 13 03:23:43 EST 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Pierre Nault wrote:
> Our university just installed Moodle to replace WebCT as our course
> mangement systems. We (the libraries) were not present in the WebCt
> environment, but now that we've change systems, I was wondering what could
> we do with Moodle ? Does anyone use Moodle (or any couse management system)
> for promoting libraries services ? I found that Carleton College offer theses
> services<https://apps.carleton.edu/campus/library/for_faculty/faculty_working/libe_moodle/integrating_resources/>for
> integrating library resources, is there other ways that we ould use
> Moodle? Do you have some exemples ?

At Loughborough we've currently got a home grown VLE, which is slated to
be replaced by Moodle in a year or so.  "Learn" (as the current system is
known) links to several of the Library systems such as the LORLS reading
list system.  Here students pick modules on their courses and so the
module code is a natural link between such systems, especially as Learn is
structured based on courses and modules.  From the link to the LORLS page
for the module the students can then navigate to the web OPAC, our SFX
server, online electronic resources, etc, etc.