[Web4lib] Moodle and libraries

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:47:16 EST 2007

The easiest starting point would probably be RSS as others have
suggested. I'm not that familiar with Moodle but since it's open
source there are probably various ways of interfacing with it and you
could probably have someone roll out a custom module/plugin to
accomplish what you want. There might also be a module that already
exists:

http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?id=6009

There hasn't been much done here but some ideas I've thrown around are
RSS or a tab in the course that opens an external library hosted page
(with course specific info). There is a resource library that also
allows faculty to import specific things into the course that they
want.

Ryan Eby
Distance Learning Services
Michigan State University