[Web4lib] remote access patron authen.

Lin Light llight at herrickdl.org
Thu Dec 27 13:27:51 EST 2007

We are in development of new webpage and need some input/guidance/etc.
We want to find the best way to authenticate our users so they can access our
databases. In the library, the router's IP is the authentication key, not the
issue, it is the remote user. One thing we don't want and that is forcing our
patrons to re-entering their library card number each time the click on a
database link. We would like something where the first time they click on a
database link they are asked to enter their library card and it is checked,
and as long as they stay on our webpage, they will have access to all the
other resources. Does that sound do-able?

Lin

Lin Light
Head of Computer
 & Technical Services