[Web4lib] VuFind Interest Group Meeting at ALA

Joseph Lucia joseph.lucia at villanova.edu
Wed Dec 19 17:56:13 EST 2007

  Pardon the cross-posting.

  At the upcoming ALA Mid-winter meeting in Philadelphia, Villanova University library staff will be hosting a VuFind<http://vufind.org/> Interest Group meeting.  The meeting will occur on Saturday, January 12 from 10:30 a.m. to Noon in the Pennsylvania Convention Center, Room 308.

   Anyone interested in learning more about the VuFind project is welcome to attend.  Topics to be addressed will include:

the current development roadmap;
prospects for extension and/or integration of VuFind into other library open source environments;
implementation and support options; and
general issues related to the features & underpinnings of the software.

   The Villanova VuFind development team (Andrew Nagy & Chris Barr) will be present for a candid discussion about how we can grow partnerships and scale up this project.  We are interested not only in VuFind as such but also in the larger question of how to catalyze open source growth and success and the library space.

    We will also be hosting VuFind demos throughout the conference at the PALINET<http://www.palinet.org/> Booth in the exhibit hall.  PALINET is now a provider of implementation and support services for libraries interested in VuFind but that lack the technical resources to take on such a project without additional help.

    We hope to see many of you there!

*********
Joe Lucia
University Librarian