[Web4lib] Code4lib 2008 Minority Scholarship

Ross Singer rossfsinger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:00:43 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 3:04 PM, Danielle Plumer <dplumer at tsl.state.tx.us> wrote:

> Several of my (male) colleagues have said that C4L is the best technical conference in libraryland. I had thought about submitting a proposal to C4L, and I decided not to this year, because I've never attended C4L and I wasn't sure that it was the sort of conference that I'd want to be associated with (though, frankly, I was thinking about this in terms of scholarship rather than harassment). As of two days ago, I'd have said that I was definitely planning to attend. Now, though, I'm not too sure. And that's a shame.

Obviously your decision to attend to skip is your own, but I seems
unfair to base your opinions and assumptions what it would be like
there on a comment about the scholarships they offer by someone that's
never been to one, and a completely off-base and frankly offensive
joke (on both sides of the punchline, really) by another person that's
never been to one.

-Ross.