[Web4lib] WIKIPEDIA is now politically correct to use as areference resource

Tim Spalding tim at librarything.com
Sun Dec 9 16:10:17 EST 2007

Exactly right. It's not the library of Alexandria; it's not a
scholarly monograph—it's an encyclopedia!

No encyclopedia should ever be a source for a serious paper, high
school or college. Britannica and the like are not some crucial
"trusted source" we should all revere. They're middle-brow furniture,
and a source for quick look-ups and casual perusal. If you need to
cite something, you shouldn't be looking in an encyclopedia anyway.

Tim

Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding