[Web4lib] WIKIPEDIA is now politically correct

Chris Tinney vctinney at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 9 14:08:53 EST 2007

The "political correctness" phrase was a subtle statement
by the writer that compared the rise of Wikipedia and its
compilation by the "unwashed" educated masses, with
the rise of the American democratic process; the creation
of the Constitution of the United States, wherein a society
was ordered by former "unwashed" people, who had the
audacity to believe that the common man could self-govern.
UNWASHED: ignorant, plebeian

  Respectfully yours,

  Tom Tinney, Sr.
Who's Who in America,
Millennium Edition [54th] through 2004
Who's Who In Genealogy and Heraldry, [both editions]
Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/

"K.G. Schneider" <kgs at bluehighways.com> wrote:
  > In other words, I'm not sure how much validity this study has for
> Wikipedia versions in other languages.
>
> Bernie Sloan

The "political correctness" phrase seems to be poor labeling, but I would
cautiously agree that Wikipedia has much broader acceptance.