[Web4lib] Re: [css-d] understanding javascript

Amy Drayer amostrom at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:35:41 EDT 2007

Dear Raumin and Web4Libbers:

I've been avoiding javascript for a long time, but after implementing
several javascript solutions (mostly found at Dynamic Drive or Twin
Helix), I decided that my basic knowledge of scripting didn't cut it.
I highly recommend reading DOM Scripting by Jeremy Keith.  I'm reading
it now, and things make a lot more sense.  In fact, if you want to get
into web design, here's a short list of books I have found very
useful:

DOM Scripting by Jeremy Keith
Designing with Web Standards by Jeffrey Zeldman
Eric Meyer on CSS by Eric Meyer (as well as More Eric Meyer on CSS)
and for more advanced ideas, I'm reading
Transcending CSS by Andy Clarke

Read, experiment, play. :-)

I hope this helps.

--