[Web4lib] understanding javascript

Conal Tuohy conal.tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Aug 29 17:36:05 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 11:05 -0500, Raumin "Ray" Dehghan wrote:
> Colleagues,
>
> I really am trying to understand javascript.  I would appreciate links to
> any websites that explain javascript well, especially for a beginner in
> javascript.
>
> Thanks
> Raumin "Ray" Dehghan

Javascript is a bit odd in that it is a kind of functional language but
has a very procedural style. Many people coming to javascript don't
realise that those functional features are available (and many tutorials
don't cover it adequately), but it's definitely worth knowing. Try
searching for "javascript functional language".

Con