[Web4lib] Selling USB Drives to the public

Robin Hastings robin.hastings at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:25:20 EDT 2007

On 8/27/07, Peter Schoenberg <PSchoenberg at epl.ca> wrote:

> Are you now selling USB drives?
>
> If yes,
>         What size, format, brand is working for you?
>
> Words of advice, warnings, comments also appreciated.
>
> Have you stopped selling floppies?

We are selling (sort of) 128MB USB drives that are all pretty with our
logo on them and everything. Unfortunately, we are selling them for
$15... At the time we ordered them, that was pretty reasonable. Now
it's not. On the plus side, we have some really great prizes and
promotional items! We are also still selling floppies - but we don't
have floppy drives on any of our computers now - we also do the USB
floppy drive behind the counter bit, as someone menitioned earlier. We
sell CDs too, but we encourage folks to use USB drives - it's just
easier to manage them, and easier for people to wrap their brains
around the USB drive concept.