[Web4lib] Keyword (tag cloud) view of subject pages

Jonathan Gorman jtgorman at uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 10 17:20:19 EDT 2007

Hmmm....

Well, the point of a tag cloud is a way of showing words or concepts that have a large weight.  This tag cloud in theory represents how many "subject guides" related to a keyword you have, correct?  How about "browse subjects guide by the words in the title" or something, then on the page have a little blurb explaining that the more word occurs within the title the of subject guides, the larger it is?

What would make this a little simpler to link to is if you could select various ways of seeing the list of subject guides.  That way all links could go to "browse subject guides".  Then perhaps a drop down box or something could say "by frequncy of word in title".  The page with the tag cloud could show the tag cloud with an explanation of what it was.  Of course, if the tag cloud is the only to browse the words

Just musing, not sure if I've been of any help. Naming can be tricky.  And often I find the trick isn't trying to come up with a name, but rather figuring out why it's tricky to come up with a name?  Is the thing hard to describe?  Is it not actually what it's supposed to be?

Jon Gorman