[Web4lib] PDF restrictions

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 13:52:46 EDT 2007

I was able to copy this file a number of times to my HD.  Even though
the file->save functionality was disabled, I could still produce a
printable, saveable PDF using only the tools on my OS, as seen here:

http://www.transientstudent.net/Application-PDF.pdf

I'm not doing this out of malice - just to point out that if there's a
will, there's a myriad of simple, easy ways, and all the 'save and
print restriction' functionality does is provide a false sense of
security.

Andrew