(SCL: 5) RE: [Web4lib] Click Counters

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Wed Apr 25 13:24:56 EDT 2007

Greetings,

It does not make sense to me to use a hosting
service that does not provide an array of tools
to support your web site development needs. For
several of the web sites I have developed for
libraries and for government entities, we were
extremely limited by the hosting service and
spent huge amounts of time trying to fudge our
way around those limitations.

The monthly cost of having a good set of tools
through a quality host is minute in comparison
to the time spent trying to manufacture solutions.
Even if your hosting is free, spending $20 a month
instead to have real tools is a great investment.

I have found Webtrends to be a very effective tool,
other than having to wait a day for results. It is
a common element in many hosting packages - along
with media support and Access/SQL database binding.

Sincerely -
Robert L. Balliot
1-401-421-5763
Skype: RBalliot