[Web4lib] Spectrum computer - 25 years old

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon Apr 23 14:42:59 EDT 2007

I remember the first computer I wrote my first program on in BASIC, a Timex
Sinclair 1000, the North American version of the Sinclair ZX-81.    I had the
large 16k extension and the thermal printer and a 3.25 mhz Zilog Z80A
processor.  Priced cheap enough at $99.95USD you could buy another one when
your current one overheated and burnt out.  I went through at least 3 or 4
TS-1000s.

http://oldcomputers.net/ts1000.html

Thomas

On Monday 23 April 2007 12:46, Peter Scott wrote:
> "In April 1982 a small British company, led by Sir Clive Sinclair,
> launched the ZX Spectrum computer and sparked a revolution" - BBC

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III			P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

If it's not as simple as possible to try it, then the barrier to entry is too
high.

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/