[Web4lib] Re: Public computers & itunes

Dale Irving dirving at sailsinc.org
Mon Apr 23 12:47:59 EDT 2007

Hello Jane,
We installed iTunes on our public PCs about 2 years ago and have had no
problems (that I'm aware of) related to downloading & synching with iPods.
 We also have realplayer and the latest Windows media player on all of our
machines.  The only annoyance is performing regular updates, which
involves turning off deep freeze prior to installation.  We have icons on
both start menu and desktop.
In all honesty, however, I haven't made any attempt to determine how
frequently these tools are used for downloading and saving music; they are
used for listening to music regularly.

Dale Irving
Information Systems Librarian
Middleborough Public Library