[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 7:5 available

Crawford,Walt crawforw at oclc.org
Sat Apr 14 12:58:34 EDT 2007

Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large 7:5 (May 2007) is now available for
downloading at
http://citesandinsights.info/civ7i5.pdf

The 26-page issue is PDF as usual, but you can get HTML separates of
most essays from the home page, http://citesandinsights.info/

NOTE: If you have any websites with links to the old C&I site, please
change them. That site will disappear fairly soon.

This issue includes:

* Bibs & Blather: On being cited, introducing a new section, and a
belated followup from Richard Entlich (with apology)

* Old Media/New Media: Updates on the health of four old media

* Offtopic Perspective: 50-Movie Classic Musicals, Part 1 - no West Side
Story, but Reet, Petite and Gone is hot stuff.

* Interesting & Peculiar Products - four segments plus 15 roundups in
seven categories in the new "Editors Choices and Best Buys" segment
(replacing "PC Progress")

* Making it Work - A new section, continuing the conversations about
libraries, social software in libraries, balance... (and incorporating
The Library Stuff)

* Net Media: The High-Def Disc Saga Continues - still not time for most
libraries to start buying Blu-ray or HD DVD, but lots of news.

* My Back Pages - six grumpy little essays.

And don't forget to visit Cites & Insights Books at
http://lulu.com/waltcrawford/