[Web4lib] IE6 vs. IE7 as ftp client

Micah Stevens micah at raincross-tech.com
Wed Apr 11 11:12:24 EDT 2007

This is true. I'm guessing here, but I assume this behavior is due to
Microsoft being forced to separate out their browser product from the
operating system. Originally Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer were
practically one and the same. So when you typed in an FTP link, IE would
take on the persona of Windows Explorer. Due to the anti-trust suits
Microsoft has de-integrated (is that a word?) the browser product from
the operating system, and it seems this is one of the results.

If you use Windows Explorer to open your FTP site, the drag and drop
should work fine. It does for me.

-Micah