Fwd: [Web4lib] Conferences for web librarians

marcus inetlib at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 09:09:39 EDT 2006

Jonathan,

Canada plays host to the Access conference every year.

http://www.access2006.uottawa.ca/

This year's is in the nation's capital, Ottawa, Ontario and is coming
up soon, October 11 to 14.

A quote:

"The Access Conference is the pre-eminent Canadian library technology
conference and typically attracts librarians and information
technology professionals from all over Canada, and in recent years the
United States and even Europe."
– Randy Reichardt, STLQ

and a blurb:

The conference is an eclectic group of technically savvy people who
get together every year to share fresh challenges, projects and
solutions related to advances in information and library communities.

It is a single stream conference with limited attendance, which
provides ample opportunity to meet and exchange ideas.

Common touchstones at the conference include:

    * customized web applications and search interfaces
    * open source software
    * national and provincial consortiae initiatives
    * information policy
    * digital media
    * library catalogue innovations
    * end user searching behaviours
    * metadata

I always think of Access as one conference I can go to and be
guaranteed to say, "Wow, I didn't know anyone was doing that!"

Marcus Roesner, BA, MLIS
advoCHAT Project Manager
LibraryCo Inc.
460 Brant Street, Suite 211
Burlington, Ontario  L7R 4B6

1.866.340.7578   (toll free)
1.905.639.6888   (direct)
1.905.639.4666   (facsimile)
1.905.220.4387   (mobile)

mroesner at libraryco.ca
moving law libraries out of the box ... and beyond the walls!